POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Building a house efficiently : Re: Building a house efficiently Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:29:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building a house efficiently
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Aug 2006 09:03:43
Message: <44df232f@news.povray.org>
The technique is fantastic in Inkscape!

I had an bitmap image of (part of) the plan of the ancient city of Mohenjo
Daro in Pakistan. Until now, I had used it as a height_field (not really
satisfactory). In Inkscape, I used the trace function and exported the
result to POV-Ray, and Lo! within minutes I had a 3D view of the
archeological remains of the city!

I'll post an image when it finishes rendering.

Thanks Chris for this tip!!

Thomas